Bill Gates has released his list of five books to read this summer.
He has also written a review, for each of them.
Below are the five books, a quick synopsis of them, links to Gate’s full reviews of them, and his video about his 2017 summer reading.
- A Full Life by Jimmy Carter: An autobiography of the former President’s life.
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah: A story of Noah’s growing up in South Africa.
- The Heart by Maylis de Kerangal: Takes place during a twenty-four hour period surrounding a heart transplant, as the heart is removed from a brain-dead young man and given to a woman who will die without it.
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance: Explores the complex issues behind poverty in what used to be middle class, rural America.
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari: Takes a look at what could be in humanity’s future.